Here are 25 great organizations that you can donate your crochet skills to if you are interested in giving back to others.
- Scarves for Special Olympics. “Handmade scarves donated as a result of the 2012 Special Olympics USA Scarf Project will be a symbol of unity, support, compassion and empowerment, as the Special Olympics athletes, coaches, families, volunteers and supporters wear them with pride in knowing they have become part of the Special Olympics family.”
- Red Scarf Project. This is a cool project that donates red scarves to foster youth bound for college. I learned about this one from Daily Crocheter where this is a comprehensive lists for where to donate crochet items.
- Operation Gratitude. This organization sends care packages to troops overseas. They accept crochet scarves from September through December to help keep the troops warm during the colder months of the year. Did you see the story about two eighty year old sisters that crochet for Operation Gratitude?
- The Ships Project. This is another organization that sends care packages to overseas military. They accept a variety of donations throughout the year that go to members of the Marines, Army and Air Force.
- Give a Hoot, Make an Owl. This organization accepts crochet owls to look over and care for children in foster care.
To read the other 20 orginizations on the list please: Click Here